Here is the first one for 2016

Hasegawa Me 262 1:32 scale, going to be partially submerged in water

Thanks
Mike

Re: Diorama Fallen Swallow 1 year, 3 months ago #2613

• MikeC
  • Colonel
Hi there

3L of Clearvu 555 clear casting resin later the aircraft is partially submerged, diorama is really getting heavy now. The resin does generate some heat so I have been pouring in layers and it does shrink by 5-10% when fully dry - so you need to keep filling the gaps between the glass and the solid resin. Note for future reference - ensure that the first coat to go on the surface contains half the recommended hardener to ensure that it flows every where and no bubbles get trapped. On the final surface layer I textured some waves and ripples, but will probably need a thin layer of water effects surface texture to make more realistic

Thanks for looking

Re: Diorama Fallen Swallow 1 year, 2 months ago #2624

• Eric
  • Field Marshall Admin
  • Club Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
Nice concept. Eina!
S%@#*! Now where did that piece go??!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Select Web Designers
Website Developers,
We Make Websites Work!

Popular Items

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79
Site Sponsor
Banner
Internet Consultants and Website Designers and Developers