(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Speak your mind!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Salt seasoning er I mean weathering

Salt seasoning er I mean weathering 3 years, 3 months ago #2175

• MikeC
  • Colonel
Hi there

Have been experimenting with using salt as a weathering technique for simulating small paint chips, very simple very fast

Step 1 - Apply undercoat - metal or rust effect
Step 2 - Lightly brush the affected area with water and apply Cerebos table salt over the water
Step 3 - Allow to dry for an hour

Step 4 - airbrush over with Tamiya Acrylic, differing shades at differing angles can also give the multilevel paint effect

You can also vary the salt particle size or quantity of salt to give a heavier chipped effect

Step 5- remove salt with coarse brush

Step 6 - streak rust with oil and enjoy meal

Thanks
Mike
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by MikeC.

Re: Salt seasoning er I mean weathering 3 years, 3 months ago #2180

• Eric
  • Field Marshall Admin
  • Club Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
Ja that looks cool.
I believe if you use rock salt and wipe it off in the direction of travel it leaves lekker scratches as well and very uneaven chips that look great.
S%@#*! Now where did that piece go??!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Select Web Designers
Website Developers,
We Make Websites Work!

Popular Items

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79
Site Sponsor
Banner
Internet Consultants and Website Designers and Developers