Themes for 2016
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Themes for 2016

Themes for 2016 1 year, 10 months ago #2596

• Dudley
  • Colonel
  • Loyalty is my Honour
Figured I might as well get a head start on the themes for 2016, so you guys can ask Santa to ensure that you have enough goodies for the theme evenings, so here goes:

January - Bring and Build (kinda like a bring and braai, but without the fire)

February - All American (anything built in the good old US of A, any time period)

March - Anything British (no I don't mean tea and cucumber sandwiches. Again, anything goes, any time period)

April - Russian evening / Shelf Queen Part 1 (only Vodka will be consumed at this meeting. I'll explain some more about the shelf queen concept later - see below)

May - Figures / Shelf Queen Part 2

June - Anything with wheels (that pretty much narrows it down now doesn't it)

July - German evening (everyone's favourite, I know, well everyone that matters, that is...)

August - As long as it floats (here I will echo what I said earlier this year - no turds!!!)

September - Italian evening (and no, your Italian mother-in-law is not welcome!!)

October - Anything goes evening (Sci-fi, planes, trains and auto-mobiles)

November - MOY

How the shelf queen evening will work, is that in April, along with your Russian entry, you will bring along a kit that has been partially assembled and then stuck back on the shelf for a later date. The shelf queen must be brought to the May meeting, complete, together with your figure entry.

An armed society is a polite society
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Dudley.

Re: Themes for 2016 1 year, 10 months ago #2597

• Dudley
  • Colonel
  • Loyalty is my Honour
Guys, I want to encourage you to participate in the theme evenings. Our club does not have a massive membership, but we were able to put 60 models on the table this year, a record for our club. I don't think that would have been achieved if we did not have these theme evenings.

Before time runs away with us, I would like to wish all of you a blessed, relaxed, plastic filled Christmas and a prosperous 2016.

For those of you travelling - safe travels and see you all at the January meeting.

A suggestion, we should perhaps have a club sponsored braai at someone's home, your thoughts??? Vanessa and I are moving into a new place late in January and once settled, I'll be more than happy to host it. This time round the club will sponsor the meat, you guys can bring your own grog. A warning though, everyone leaving my premises will be searched - I keep a Rotti for just such an occasion.....I'll make sure she isn't fed on the day.

Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Dudley.

Re: Themes for 2016 1 year, 10 months ago #2598

• Eric
  • Field Marshall Admin
  • Club Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
Hi Dudley,

Themes look cool! Is the first meeting Shelf-Queen 1?
Look forward to participating in the themes again.

Thanks for the Xmas wishes and may I wish all my modelling mates a wonderful Christmas and a very prosperous new year!
Always a pleaseure spending time with you at the meetings and other club events.
S%@#*! Now where did that piece go??!!

Re: Themes for 2016 1 year, 10 months ago #2599

• Dudley
  • Colonel
  • Loyalty is my Honour
Hi Eric

The Shelf Queen evening will be in April and the completed model to be brought along to the May meeting, but there's nothing stopping you bringing a Shelf Queen along to January's bring and build. You can bring it along again in April, but it must be finished in May.

Re: Themes for 2016 1 year, 10 months ago #2600

• yarib
January - Bring and Build - is this something to be built on the night only or doing what we do at home in the company of 'likeminded individuals'?
February - All American - sorted
March - Anything British - sorted
April - Vodka is fine and shelf queen perhaps too
May - what scale is best to start a figure?
June - Anything with wheels - sorted
July - German evening - sorted
August - As long as it floats - sorted
September - Italian evening - looking for for a tank with 12 reverse gears....
October - Anything goes evening - will wear a hat
November - MOY

Re: Themes for 2016 1 year, 10 months ago #2601

• Dudley
  • Colonel
  • Loyalty is my Honour
Hi Yari

For the January meeting, just bring along whatever you're working on.

Re: Themes for 2016 1 year, 9 months ago #2602

• Dudley
  • Colonel
  • Loyalty is my Honour
Welcome back, guys and a prosperous, plastic filled New Year for everyone.

Officially my first day back at work and I'm already looking forward to the weekend, Baby!!!

Remember, there is a meeting tomorrow evening - just bring along whatever you're working on. It will just be a casual get together (as if the other meetings have any formality......), to clear the sinuses with the wonderful aroma of glue, MEK, or whatever may be your preferred poison.

See you guys tomorrow!

Re: Themes for 2016 1 year, 2 months ago #2662

• yarib
  • Corporal
Everybody must bring to MOY this year a kit that they commit to completing for our comp at the next MOY. Those are the only kits eligible for the contest. Any kit entered in this comp, cannot be entered in MOY So this year, anybody wanting to enter must bring a 100% unstarted kit to Sept meeting.
This will be for the Jilliz floating trophy which will have the winner's name added to it each year.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Select Web Designers
Website Developers,
We Make Websites Work!