Username Password: Remember me

Academy 1/48 F-15C
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Academy 1/48 F-15C

Academy 1/48 F-15C 10 months, 1 week ago #2665

• yarib
  • Corporal
I wanted to do something different...but not too crazy (so no armour or ships!!).
I decided on building this F-15 as an air force aggressor. The colours are different from the normal light and dark grays and is described as 'Blue Flanker'. The plane is used to give USAF pilots as close an experience of the Su-27 as is possible.
Custom decals were purchased from Two Bobs.

Re: Academy 1/48 F-15C 10 months, 1 week ago #2666

• yarib
  • Corporal
The real aircraft looks like this:

Re: Academy 1/48 F-15C 10 months, 1 week ago #2667

• yarib
  • Corporal
The cockpit will be closed but still has a simple Eduard etch instrument panel and some detail on the seat. The side consoled were dry-brushed with light gray.

I spent a fair amount of time ensuring the intakes were seamless and smooth by inserting plastic card. Most of it will remain invisible once the intake ramps are inserted.

Engine exhaust were painted (for my first time) with Humbrol metalcote and dry-brushed with silver.

All seam lines were filled with stretched sprue and plastic card. Base coat of primer applied

Base coat of light blue applied first...doesn't look right but so be it!

Awesome masking to get the dark blue painted

The full scheme before applying post-shading and various missing bits of grey on leading edges

Re: Academy 1/48 F-15C 10 months, 1 week ago #2668

• Dudley
  • Colonel
  • Loyalty is my Honour
Looking very lekker, Yari.

An armed society is a polite society

Re: Academy 1/48 F-15C 9 months ago #2676

• Eric
  • Field Marshall Admin
  • Club Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
S%@#*! Now where did that piece go??!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds

Select Web Designers
Website Developers,
We Make Websites Work!

Popular Items

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79
Site Sponsor
Banner
Internet Consultants and Website Designers and Developers