Theme Evenings for 2017
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Theme Evenings for 2017

Theme Evenings for 2017 9 months, 3 weeks ago #2671

• Dudley
  • Colonel
  • Loyalty is my Honour
Has anyone given any thought to theme evenings for 2017, yet?

I do have one proposal for the theme evenings, going forward. This year we allowed partial builds to qualify for entry into the theme build and some builds from previous years were also allowed. The purpose behind the theme evenings has always been to try to boost the number of entries for MOY.

Therefore, with that in mind my proposal is as follows: Any entry for a "theme evening" has to be at least 90% complete. In other words if you have just started putting the chassis together or have just glued the wings to the air-frame, it does not qualify as an entry. Furthermore, previous builds that have previously featured in an MOY will not be eligible either.

This does not mean you cannot bring your models along, in order to show them off, again, they just will not be considered an entry and therefore not eligible for the prize at the end of the year.

Your thoughts on the proposal as well as possible themes?

An armed society is a polite society
Last Edit: 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Dudley.

Re: Theme Evenings for 2017 9 months, 3 weeks ago #2672

• jugjunkie
  • Colonel
I like the idea of nationality themes, that pretty much opens it up to anything. So if we say make the standard nationalities such as - French, German, USA, Russia, Japan, Britain and Italy - then to further the Geographical theme we can add regions like Scandanavia, South America, Pacific rim, Africa and the middle East. Just my 2c.....

Re: Theme Evenings for 2017 9 months, 3 weeks ago #2673

• jugjunkie
  • Colonel
Actually I would like to propose an alternative to our current theme evening format. How about nominating 4 themes for the year (one every three months) Means we nominate themes, bring our kit (partially or totally un-built) and we bring it each evening for the three months allowing us all to see progress, then at the end of each theme we have a small vote and nominate a winner for a small prize (obviously only completed kits are eligible). By rights we should all have at least 4 entries to MOY. Dio boys can split their projects into four sections or subjects for entry. Just my 2c worth.

Re: Theme Evenings for 2017 9 months, 3 weeks ago #2674

• Dudley
  • Colonel
  • Loyalty is my Honour
Not a bad idea at all. (on both proposals)

An armed society is a polite society
Last Edit: 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Dudley.

Re: Theme Evenings for 2017 9 months ago #2675

• yarib
  • Corporal
I like Geoff's idea.

I would like to propose the mid year theme (the 6th month) to coincide with our June meeting and entails Middle East conflicts. This can include events such as the 6 day war, Gulf War, Yom Kippur etc.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds

Select Web Designers
Website Developers,
We Make Websites Work!

Popular Items

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/users/ipmsdxssdm/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79
Site Sponsor
Select Web Designers
Internet Consultants and Website Designers and Developers